Sleeping Princess Yum Yum

"Bang!" goes another kanga on the bonnet of the van/ see the light ram through the gaps in the land/ many an Aborigine's mistaken for a tree/ Til' you near him on the motorway and the tree begins/ to breathe/ Coming in with the golden light/ In the morning/ Coming in with the golden light/ Is the New Man/ Coming in with the golden light/ Is my dented van/ Woomera. "Dree-ee-ee-ee-ee- A-a-a-a-a- M-m-m-m-m- Ti-ti-ti-ti-ti- I-i-i-i-i- Me-me-me-me-me,"

Thursday, May 19, 2005

THAT HOUSE!!!!

I am walking up the street and there is a girl surrounded by children at the door of a house. It is an orphanage. She is gardening. I walk quickly up the street to get past them. As I make my way up the hill snaking back and forth behind the houses, I can hear the girl saying things about the plants. She is blaming me for the plants. She keeps saying that once again I have messed everything up by planting this or that. No matter how far away I go, I can still hear her. So finally I turn around and I start to yell at her. I tell her that I have never lived in the place where she is. She mocks me and says "how many places did you live in NY -- I bet you can't remember half of them" and I turn around and yell "I have only been here for 2 years and we bought our place so we have only lived in one house" I point up the street "... and it is THAT HOUSE"

only I really shout the words THAT HOUSE out loud and it wakes me up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home