Sleeping Princess Yum Yum

"Bang!" goes another kanga on the bonnet of the van/ see the light ram through the gaps in the land/ many an Aborigine's mistaken for a tree/ Til' you near him on the motorway and the tree begins/ to breathe/ Coming in with the golden light/ In the morning/ Coming in with the golden light/ Is the New Man/ Coming in with the golden light/ Is my dented van/ Woomera. "Dree-ee-ee-ee-ee- A-a-a-a-a- M-m-m-m-m- Ti-ti-ti-ti-ti- I-i-i-i-i- Me-me-me-me-me,"

Monday, May 09, 2005

I'll do what you want...Running wild

I am at a Duran Duran concert. It is a small venue. Suspiciously like the black box theater at my college. I am behind the stage once again, just like on Unplugged. The show is good but they don't play my request which is "Come up and see me (Make Me Smile)".

After the show we are waiting outside of the hotel lobby. I don't know who we are waiting for. I think I am waiting for them to wheel my dad out - though I don't know why he is in a wheelchair. It must be NY because everyone is wearing dark colors and overcoats. People are streaming out of the hotel lobby - i guess the concert was in the basement. A group of people stop to tell me that they are all meeting at "Frankies" and point towards where it is. It looks to be a downstairs pub like the Stoned Crow in NY. I tell them I will see them there. I am humming "Come up and see me...." and still waiting as the crowd disperses.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home