Sleeping Princess Yum Yum

"Bang!" goes another kanga on the bonnet of the van/ see the light ram through the gaps in the land/ many an Aborigine's mistaken for a tree/ Til' you near him on the motorway and the tree begins/ to breathe/ Coming in with the golden light/ In the morning/ Coming in with the golden light/ Is the New Man/ Coming in with the golden light/ Is my dented van/ Woomera. "Dree-ee-ee-ee-ee- A-a-a-a-a- M-m-m-m-m- Ti-ti-ti-ti-ti- I-i-i-i-i- Me-me-me-me-me,"

Monday, April 04, 2005

Clear Blue Water

There is a giant cake. It is surrounded by 50 or 60 filmmakers - each one given a section of the cake to ice and decorate. The cake takes up almost the entire block. I recognize Kevin Smith slathering vanilla icing and sprinkles across his section. When it is done we are all invited to reach into it and grab a hunk to eat. I see Courtney Love stepping across the section on the other side. My friend and I take a running jump and land in the middle of the cake - I know there is yellow cake in the middle and I want yellow or white cake, not chocolate. I grab a hunk of white cake with colored sprinkles and when I hold it in my hand it is perfectly round.

This room is high above the beach. I am watching the waves crash on the shore and people swimming. The water is incredibly clear - I have never seen the ocean so clear and I call to V to come and look at it. The waves are getting bigger and bigger - they are perfect. I want to hurry up and get down to the beach to run in the water and try to surf them. Then I notice that they are getting bigger and coming in faster. A wave hits and the spray is so big it comes in through the window - despite the fact that we are 20-30 stories above the ocean. Then I notice that there are no more people on the beach - it's been evacuated. The waves are crashing onto the building.

I am wearing a tattered nightgown, and I change very slowly out of it into a camisole and panties set that reminds me of neopolitan ice cream.

1 Comments:

  • At 1:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    mmmmm...ice cream...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home