Sleeping Princess Yum Yum

"Bang!" goes another kanga on the bonnet of the van/ see the light ram through the gaps in the land/ many an Aborigine's mistaken for a tree/ Til' you near him on the motorway and the tree begins/ to breathe/ Coming in with the golden light/ In the morning/ Coming in with the golden light/ Is the New Man/ Coming in with the golden light/ Is my dented van/ Woomera. "Dree-ee-ee-ee-ee- A-a-a-a-a- M-m-m-m-m- Ti-ti-ti-ti-ti- I-i-i-i-i- Me-me-me-me-me,"

Saturday, April 16, 2005

At a place called Vertigo

V and I are climbing to the top of a very tall wooden tower. It is nightime and windy and the lights of the city spread out below us. There are platforms on the top and as we scramble over the last one we see two men sitting there. One of them is SJ, and we are so glad to see him - haven't seen him in ages! I don't know the other man.

There is no barrier on the platform, just the lights and the buildings and the wind. My vertigo starts to kick in. I have to close my eyes and I know that if I don't get down, it will be Chichen Itza all over again and I will never be able to get down. I tell V that it is starting and that I have to climb down right now. I make my way down the planks with my eyes half open. Some of the beams pull away just after I take my hands off of them, and I see the rusty nails jutting out from their sides.

The bottom of the tower is in the lobby of a hotel. There is a ticket booth in the base of the tower and I walk towards the open doorway of a busy restaurant and wait for V to join me. I stand and watch people coming out of the elevator banks while I wait.

When I see V, we head over towards another restaurant that is outside. As we pass the ticket booth I see PG bending his head towards the ticket booth window. He is being an asshole and demanding something from them. He is wearing a tattered blue and green plaid robe. I don't want him to see us so we duck as we scuttle by and take a seat at our table outside. The waiter brings us water and thankfully they seat PG behind us so he doesn't see us.


15 Comments:

  • At 11:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    colonize

     
  • At 3:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    play if you want to learn, learn if you want to win

     
  • At 5:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    my friend is trying to solve our colony. he is convinced your abbreviations are secret codes to crack the grid of letters on the first puzzle, or that if he emails asking to talk about indigenous candies, you'll slip the answer to the first puzzle to him.

    i am lazier than he is, so i am just going to ask you.. what is the answer to the first puzzle on 'our colony' cause we're totally stuck, and I have a sneeeaking suspicion, it involves you. HRMN?

     
  • At 6:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I am said friend. I've been trying to find grid coordinates hidden somewhere all evening. Now I am sad.

    Shall we speak of local candies?

     
  • At 6:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Dear Kristen
    I have 2 see you have some nice Blogs.
    I'm playing a game with some friends called Colony.
    There you have 2 solve some channgle.

    I'm pretty sure you are in it. because the name of your website was on the picture.
    So i did run into your BLOGS..

    and i was wondering if : Shall we speak of local candies?

    Can you give me the anwser of this channgele of give me a tip

    my msn : roy2001@gmail.com
    my e-mail : Roy2001@gmail.com

    With Regards,
    Roy2001
    GoT

     
  • At 7:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    ROY IS SUPER SPELLING MASTER

     
  • At 8:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Dim Star. So beautiful.
    Gamefind. Findgame. Dim star.

    The tease of a whisper on the hairs of the back of the neck. Gentle.

     
  • At 9:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Sounds a bit wanky for me, I just want an answer.

     
  • At 2:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Please, were stuck on the challenge with the crossword puzzle and a tiny sheet of paper with your homepage on it. The crossword puzzle has some thing to do with gamefind and colony is safe. What does all this mean? :(

     
  • At 2:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You're not gonna hear it from her guys :)

     
  • At 5:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I personally think we should just listen to Roy and go "Speak of local candies"... It's obvious.

     
  • At 9:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Then why did they put her website URL on the picture?

     
  • At 10:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Shall we speak of local candies?

    Candies may be sent to masterjunk@gmail.com

     
  • At 11:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Kristen said that she is not involved. I think that url was put in to mislead us all.
    Kristen also asked that we do not call or e-mail anyone mentioned on her website as they are not involved.

    Regards,
    Nelis

     
  • At 7:34 PM, Blogger Doug said…

    I do not believe we can assume Kristen is not involved.
    I do believe we can assume she will never help us, or tell us anything.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home