Sleeping Princess Yum Yum

"Bang!" goes another kanga on the bonnet of the van/ see the light ram through the gaps in the land/ many an Aborigine's mistaken for a tree/ Til' you near him on the motorway and the tree begins/ to breathe/ Coming in with the golden light/ In the morning/ Coming in with the golden light/ Is the New Man/ Coming in with the golden light/ Is my dented van/ Woomera. "Dree-ee-ee-ee-ee- A-a-a-a-a- M-m-m-m-m- Ti-ti-ti-ti-ti- I-i-i-i-i- Me-me-me-me-me,"

Saturday, May 07, 2005

Everything is Haunted

I feel so guilty. I told JM to rent this apartment and she is telling me that it is haunted. Not in that delightful quirky way - but in a harrowing shaking way. The whole place has slanted rooms that have wooden beams jutting across the ceilings. It is terrifying to walk through.

She tells me that she has learnt to deal with it by making sure there are sensible shoes in every room and declaring her intentions aloud as she walks around. I watch her do this in front of the mirror of the medicine cabinet. There is a tube of V05 hair balm on the counter.

1 Comments:

  • At 11:58 PM, Blogger Jane said…

    declaring one's intentions... yes. very important. funny, I had a nightmare last night. I was in a house, walking from room to room, and it wasn't haunted so much as home to a monster. he was our brother. he made paper mache masks, with fake hair, of all of us. and he would play with the mask of the person he was going to kill next. I ran into the street to hitch hike because scary movies are only 2 hours. and the killers always walk, they never go in cars. so I knew if I got in a car I could get far enough away that the movie would be over before he could kill me. as it turns out, I survived.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home