Sleeping Princess Yum Yum

"Bang!" goes another kanga on the bonnet of the van/ see the light ram through the gaps in the land/ many an Aborigine's mistaken for a tree/ Til' you near him on the motorway and the tree begins/ to breathe/ Coming in with the golden light/ In the morning/ Coming in with the golden light/ Is the New Man/ Coming in with the golden light/ Is my dented van/ Woomera. "Dree-ee-ee-ee-ee- A-a-a-a-a- M-m-m-m-m- Ti-ti-ti-ti-ti- I-i-i-i-i- Me-me-me-me-me,"

Tuesday, May 31, 2005

It's always Christmas here!!

Downstairs.

It was my birthday days and days ago but I didn't notice the gifts on the patio. I open one up and it is from the old lady downstairs. It's a huge Christmas decoration. There is also a gift from YV and it's a red Christmas tree. I say "It's always Christmas".

I walk over to see YV and she has red velvet columns all over her porch. She tells me she is letting the animals wander outside. There is hair everywhere. As I leave, I notice that all the palm trees are draped in purple silk and it's blowing in the wind.

2 Comments:

  • At 11:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    My phone is ringing angrily at me. It's very late at night and I am thinking WTF. I try to go to grab it but there is a large piece of caramel (in my head I hear it pronounced car-MULL) cheesecake blocking my path to the receiver.

    Phone or cheesecake? Phone or cheesecake? I am nervous but pick up my fork resolutely and let the answering machine do its work.

    Two mean pixies chirp relentlessly into my machine while I savor the smooth goodness of a sodium alginate-laced delight.

     
  • At 9:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Two in a row.

    I am going through the mail, and a light green envelope catches my eye. It has dark green ivy printed on it that wraps around it. I can tell from the return address that it is a wedding invitation that I wasn't expecting to get.

    Then, it is the day before the wedding, and I am chasing a woman terrorist through a crowd. I am with a friend and we have to find this woman before she detonates a bomb. As we make our way through, I am now me but not me watching the scene in a monitor, and I can see the woman heading toward myself, pushing through people, and she has a large paper mache orb stuck to the top of her head. It has been poorly disguised as a real head. She is trying to keep it down so as to be more conspicuous, but it is not working. The people who see her are dumbfounded. As I watch this unfold onscreen, she and my other self literally run into each other. I see her orb shatter, as I collide with her. The orb is empty. There is no bomb inside. She is disappointed.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home