Sleeping Princess Yum Yum

"Bang!" goes another kanga on the bonnet of the van/ see the light ram through the gaps in the land/ many an Aborigine's mistaken for a tree/ Til' you near him on the motorway and the tree begins/ to breathe/ Coming in with the golden light/ In the morning/ Coming in with the golden light/ Is the New Man/ Coming in with the golden light/ Is my dented van/ Woomera. "Dree-ee-ee-ee-ee- A-a-a-a-a- M-m-m-m-m- Ti-ti-ti-ti-ti- I-i-i-i-i- Me-me-me-me-me,"

Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Oh Black Water

There is a pool of dark water. As you get closer to it, it gets clear and gorgeous, and that is how it lures you in. When you get near it or look down into it, something snaps out of the water and drags you under or cuts you deeply so you bleed to death. There is a CSI team there looking at a helicopter that tried to rescue someone in the water and came too close.

I am 8 years old and my mother is a television actress. We used to have another sister but she died or is missing. Underneath her nightstand is a perfume oil. I sneak into the bedroom and take it and put some on. Later on I put it back. I run up the stairs and now I am a teenager and I am in Europe with my parents. They tell me that it's okay for me to go off by myself and suddenly I am standing with them as an adult watching the teenage me walk away down the street. I see myself bump into my aunt and chat with her and I have the same haircut I had in high school. Adult me tells my parents that I liked it when they used to let me wander London by myself.

1 Comments:

  • At 12:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    ...keep on rollin'.
    Mississippi moon won'tcha keep on shinin' on me.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home