Sleeping Princess Yum Yum

"Bang!" goes another kanga on the bonnet of the van/ see the light ram through the gaps in the land/ many an Aborigine's mistaken for a tree/ Til' you near him on the motorway and the tree begins/ to breathe/ Coming in with the golden light/ In the morning/ Coming in with the golden light/ Is the New Man/ Coming in with the golden light/ Is my dented van/ Woomera. "Dree-ee-ee-ee-ee- A-a-a-a-a- M-m-m-m-m- Ti-ti-ti-ti-ti- I-i-i-i-i- Me-me-me-me-me,"

Tuesday, March 15, 2005

The Old Post Office

I am shopping with a woman who is not my mother. She has a baby. I am 15 years old and I am not myself, I am another girl. There is a boy following me through the streets and stores. He is very cute and keeps asking me out but I am too shy and keep saying no. He continues to follow me. We are walking down the street and I mention it to the woman who is not my mother and we discuss him for a bit. I see him behind us on a bicycle. He rides up sweeps me off my feet and kisses me.

There is a convention in this hotel. The hotel looks like the pictures of the center of The Old Post Office in Washington D.C. and people crowd around the middle space and hang off the rafters. We are varnishing the wrought iron railings and it's hard, sticky work but they shine so beautifully when you finish and the work is very satisfying. Candace Bergen is standing behind us.

Then we are running through the hotel. A man is following us and we are running through lobbies and hallways and it feels like we are running in circles but it's always different. There are stores all over, around every corner, specialty stores and then we are in the forest. I see a girl find a tree that is spouting sugar and we go to the ridge and look out over the city.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home