Sleeping Princess Yum Yum

"Bang!" goes another kanga on the bonnet of the van/ see the light ram through the gaps in the land/ many an Aborigine's mistaken for a tree/ Til' you near him on the motorway and the tree begins/ to breathe/ Coming in with the golden light/ In the morning/ Coming in with the golden light/ Is the New Man/ Coming in with the golden light/ Is my dented van/ Woomera. "Dree-ee-ee-ee-ee- A-a-a-a-a- M-m-m-m-m- Ti-ti-ti-ti-ti- I-i-i-i-i- Me-me-me-me-me,"

Saturday, March 19, 2005

I took a ride

We are filming a movie and Dennis Leary is the Production Manager. We are watching the dailies but it is a stage show. There are 10 children on the stage and they are doing a routine. The theatre is the Apollo up in Harlem and I am in the same seat that I watched EH's dance recital in. The children are out of step but it is part of the story. They are incredible. I turn to the writer and tell him that he is sure to be nominated.

We have a meeting in the apartment where we used to watch the fireworks over the Washington Monument on the 4th of July. I go out the window and am floating over a meadow that I don't recognize. I pass through the trees and can feel the leaves against my face. Someone is playing "Angels Heap" but the words are different. The sun is warm but not too hot.

Now we are in a different theatre full of children. They appear to have been drugged because they are acting like they are on acid. They've been locked in here to keep them safe. It's been a day and they are finally coming down from their trip. We let them file out of the theatre when they are okay and finally there is only one girl left. A woman appears who says she is her mother and we start to let her in, but then the other caretaker and I look at each other and something between us tells us everything is wrong. She is not her mother and means the girl harm. We run back into the theatre and she is shaking the girl and hurling abuse at her and I pull her off and she attacks me. I pull a corkscrew out of my pocket and stab her with it, pulling a huge chunk out of her gut.

Now I am in our old living room at RH with my parents and we have visitors. It's a blonde woman, a blonde man and a dark haired man. They stand in the living room and we chat. The dark haired man says he is Persian and likes our art. Then they come back later and my dad continues to talk about Persia even though the dark haired man isn't there anymore. We are all shuffling because it's so awkward. I see my dad realize that he is talking to the wrong person, and he makes an excuse to go to the bookshelf to look closer at the man and see who he is. His glasses are thicker than I have ever seen them and I realize that the chemo is causing him to go blind.

2 Comments:

  • At 9:50 PM, Blogger hmrpita said…

    Angel's Heap! I don't suppose you can remember the words in your dream.

    And...the last dream...WA!

     
  • At 3:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home