Sleeping Princess Yum Yum

"Bang!" goes another kanga on the bonnet of the van/ see the light ram through the gaps in the land/ many an Aborigine's mistaken for a tree/ Til' you near him on the motorway and the tree begins/ to breathe/ Coming in with the golden light/ In the morning/ Coming in with the golden light/ Is the New Man/ Coming in with the golden light/ Is my dented van/ Woomera. "Dree-ee-ee-ee-ee- A-a-a-a-a- M-m-m-m-m- Ti-ti-ti-ti-ti- I-i-i-i-i- Me-me-me-me-me,"

Thursday, February 03, 2005

Good for Mei

I am going to China. I am packing my bags in the apartment I grew up in. The furniture is completely different - like someone has moved out. The bookshelves have gaps on them. I am packing light things, sleeveless things. I go to the kitchen to get a snack. My dad comes out and I tell him that I am not packing any shoes because when I go there I will buy tons of those slippers like they have at Pearl River. The only shoes I pack are made of white and blue porcelin.

The plane is like a giant rectangle that moves through space. It's gorgeous chocolate leather and palm fronds with a giant picture window at the front. I am in business class and it's swanky like a cocktail lounge. There is a woman who looks like HH having a martini on the step below me. My phone is like a palm pilot and I am talking to XOLondon who has been to China a million times. We are discussing wardrobe and weather. check check check check. As the plane takes off I say please look in on my parents if anything happens to me but the line is dead.

In China the streets are packed. There are millions of colors all around and neon lights. I see street kids and I am talking with them. They all carry knives. A homeless man in a purple tutu comes near me and I recognize him as the roller skating man on Robertson. He is wearing a green tank top and his scarf falls off. I grab it and chase him through the stores. When I come back the kids are gone. I cross the street to the train station and I hear XOLondon's voice in my head telling me about the famous Beijing subway system. I am looking for my mother, we are supposed to meet here but I am lost and all the corridors look the same.

1 Comments:

  • At 12:14 PM, Blogger hmrpita said…

    I went up the hill to our driveway and under the 3 pine trees there was a structure, but only walls, no floor or roof. To get in, you had to hunker WAY down and kind of slide in. I went in and A was behind me, but Inka came through first, then A. The ground was this dark green, very rough sharp plant ground covering that hurt my feet, except in some places there were soft straw-colored plants. I had bare feet, so I went to the soft ground covering and stood there.

    There was a toilet against the west wall of the place. A wanted to leave, but I said I had to clean the toilet. So I went back out and started looking for cleaning supplies in the garage. E and R were there, and I wished they weren't. I found cleanser near the embankment where the hill to the tank goes up and a brush in the middle of the driveway. I wondered if there was toilet bowl cleaner anywhere.

    I went back to the 3 pine trees, only I was floating just above the sharp plants, that were all over the driveway now, with little tiny daisy-like flowers all amongst them, skimming along effortlessly, so I could land where the ground was soft. The walls had disappeared, but the toilet was still there.

    Then I was elsewhere.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home