Sleeping Princess Yum Yum

"Bang!" goes another kanga on the bonnet of the van/ see the light ram through the gaps in the land/ many an Aborigine's mistaken for a tree/ Til' you near him on the motorway and the tree begins/ to breathe/ Coming in with the golden light/ In the morning/ Coming in with the golden light/ Is the New Man/ Coming in with the golden light/ Is my dented van/ Woomera. "Dree-ee-ee-ee-ee- A-a-a-a-a- M-m-m-m-m- Ti-ti-ti-ti-ti- I-i-i-i-i- Me-me-me-me-me,"

Wednesday, January 19, 2005

slow motion

I can see the mother walking with her children. She is in white and the beach is behind her and the ocean is roaring. The children are in jeeps. Tiny white jeeps made for children and they are racing. One of them hits the rails of the train tracks that run parallell to the beach and the jeep flies up in the air - and we see that it is going to come down in front of a speeding car. Or is it? Is it just the angle? I am holding my breath thinking "it's going to happen again it's going to happen again" but the jeep lands in the sand out of harms way - it was the angle.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home