Sleeping Princess Yum Yum

"Bang!" goes another kanga on the bonnet of the van/ see the light ram through the gaps in the land/ many an Aborigine's mistaken for a tree/ Til' you near him on the motorway and the tree begins/ to breathe/ Coming in with the golden light/ In the morning/ Coming in with the golden light/ Is the New Man/ Coming in with the golden light/ Is my dented van/ Woomera. "Dree-ee-ee-ee-ee- A-a-a-a-a- M-m-m-m-m- Ti-ti-ti-ti-ti- I-i-i-i-i- Me-me-me-me-me,"

Sunday, November 28, 2004

These ain't your daddy's mogwai

They are fuzzy little creatures and so cute - we are watching a movie in the living room where I grew up. My dad asks me if I have seen it before - and I haven't - so I ask him what is it about the fuzzy creatures? And he says "you'll see". And then suddenly it's not on the T.V. anymore - they are all over the house - they are like teddy bears but sweet. I am thinking it's like Gremlins - that they become evil or something when ... what? happens? I do know that it has something to do with evisceration and that it's not going to be pretty. We try to cage them - I find steel cages in the house and start placing them in there. They smile and make noises and when I am not looking they slip through the bars and come to snuggle up to me. My co-star who is a cross between Mark Harmon and Bill Bixby says that we have to kill them before the transformation starts. So we put them in bags and fill the sink with water and start to drown them. There aren't enough bags and it's going to happen at any minute, so I plunge a white one into the water and watch it run out of air and breathe in water. I think about how easy it is to kill something when you know that in a moment it would kill you.

There is a town meeting about what to do when they start to transform. It's dusk and the streetlamps start to flicker on. A housewife runs screaming down the street and bashes the streetlights. They transform under incandescent light. We run all over the house making sure lights are all off and find places to hide. I look out the back window and there are body parts littering the yard in the glow of a security light. I crawl into a closet and wait. A light goes on in a room near me - I can see the glow of it under the door. I am still hiding but can see the head of the family running after the babysitter who doesn't know what is going on She is a cross between KM and Kristen Johnston and she says that since the lights seemed to have all gone out she tripped a breaker to turn them all on. He is frantically trying to find the breaker box and reaches it just in time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home