Sleeping Princess Yum Yum

"Bang!" goes another kanga on the bonnet of the van/ see the light ram through the gaps in the land/ many an Aborigine's mistaken for a tree/ Til' you near him on the motorway and the tree begins/ to breathe/ Coming in with the golden light/ In the morning/ Coming in with the golden light/ Is the New Man/ Coming in with the golden light/ Is my dented van/ Woomera. "Dree-ee-ee-ee-ee- A-a-a-a-a- M-m-m-m-m- Ti-ti-ti-ti-ti- I-i-i-i-i- Me-me-me-me-me,"

Saturday, November 20, 2004

I know her name is June

It's hard to sleep. I think I am tossing and turning and the only reason I know it's a dream is because I am not in the same bed I know I am sleeping in. It's time to wake up - there is so much to do. But everything is confusing and the scenery keeps changing. There is a phone call. We have to move but I don't know if I am coming too. I ask but don't get an answer at first and then when I do it doesn't make sense and is sketchy. We are outside. The scenery is changing from the front of my childhood apartment building to the front of TF's house in Quogue. It's a driveway and a sidewalk and I ask if I need to come but it's too late - the car is pulling away. I realize her name is June. Her name is June. I realize that am standing in a camisole and boy shorts and it's cold out so I go inside - it's the lobby of my old apartment building. When I pass the mirror I see that my pajamas are long now.

1 Comments:

  • At 11:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Sometimes, I dream, but am able to open my eyes and see everything around me in my room, yet the dream is superimposed over "reality." And in the dream there's this shaman type dude, and he's explaining to me that it's not a dream, that I am truly existing in two totaly different locations, that are only connected at all by my pressence in both of them...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home