Sleeping Princess Yum Yum

"Bang!" goes another kanga on the bonnet of the van/ see the light ram through the gaps in the land/ many an Aborigine's mistaken for a tree/ Til' you near him on the motorway and the tree begins/ to breathe/ Coming in with the golden light/ In the morning/ Coming in with the golden light/ Is the New Man/ Coming in with the golden light/ Is my dented van/ Woomera. "Dree-ee-ee-ee-ee- A-a-a-a-a- M-m-m-m-m- Ti-ti-ti-ti-ti- I-i-i-i-i- Me-me-me-me-me,"

Monday, November 15, 2004

It's the Lulu's!

At a dress house with BL. It's along the lines of Nanette Lepore or one of the stores on Lafayette in NoLiTa. The woman there brings out all types of gorgeous dresses and we try them on. She tells us that they do not believe in URLs and selling on the web. I pick up a tiny purse and think it would hold either a lipstick or a quarter but not both.

They are looking for someone to play Santa. BL volunteers but puts on a beautiful white ballerina dress with a long tutu and says "I decided that Santa dresses more like the Sugar Plum Fairy". I am laughing so hard I have to sit down. We go out to the car where AL is sitting with some man I don't know. We tell AL that he should play Santa. The man agrees and shows him a pizza box that says "AL would be good at Santa". AL says "but I am Jewish so how good could I be?"

We drive down the street and AL asks if we see the ghosts of the dead wandering the streets. I realize it's a television show and I think to myself that it would be better if they had ghosts from all eras mingling with the crowd coming down the sidewalk. However there is a transparent horse drawn cart and I think that's a nice touch.

2 Comments:

  • At 9:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    :o Wooow. Your dreams are lovely and disorienting and in my mind pink but probably not...like real life.

    Once I was on a boat and I was scared because it was sinking, but then I notice that I wasn't on the boat, I WAS the boat. And then I sank, and I held my breath so I wouldn't drown. Only, I wasn't holding my breathe. On a count of boats can't breathe. So I was ok. Just wet, and underwater. So then I was driftwood, so atleast half of me was above water. And then a beaver made me a part of her dam. Then I stayed dry except for when the flood came.

    Then there was a bunny.

     
  • At 2:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    P.S.

    Dolphins are pretty. Ok. That is all.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home