Sleeping Princess Yum Yum

"Bang!" goes another kanga on the bonnet of the van/ see the light ram through the gaps in the land/ many an Aborigine's mistaken for a tree/ Til' you near him on the motorway and the tree begins/ to breathe/ Coming in with the golden light/ In the morning/ Coming in with the golden light/ Is the New Man/ Coming in with the golden light/ Is my dented van/ Woomera. "Dree-ee-ee-ee-ee- A-a-a-a-a- M-m-m-m-m- Ti-ti-ti-ti-ti- I-i-i-i-i- Me-me-me-me-me,"

Tuesday, November 09, 2004

You're gonna make it after all

A lot of travelling to get nowhere it seemed - drving in and out of wet NYC streets - seemed like around madison and 55th. Nobody on the streets but the displays all lit up. Then we are in a high rise looking down on a gorgeous river - it's lush and green and you can see hidden beaches. We discuss with our dinner hosts what it would be like to jump from the building - would we plunge into the river and resurface or would we hit the bottom and that would be that?

We have theatre tickets and there is no way we are going to make it in time. I look over the ledge and Georgette from the Mary Tyler Moore show is climbing up the side to sneak into her girlfriend's apartment. I give her the tickets.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home