Sleeping Princess Yum Yum

"Bang!" goes another kanga on the bonnet of the van/ see the light ram through the gaps in the land/ many an Aborigine's mistaken for a tree/ Til' you near him on the motorway and the tree begins/ to breathe/ Coming in with the golden light/ In the morning/ Coming in with the golden light/ Is the New Man/ Coming in with the golden light/ Is my dented van/ Woomera. "Dree-ee-ee-ee-ee- A-a-a-a-a- M-m-m-m-m- Ti-ti-ti-ti-ti- I-i-i-i-i- Me-me-me-me-me,"

Tuesday, December 21, 2004

hm... i might be watching too much television

It's like "The Apprentice" - weeks of an interview and somehow my group already knows the next task. We have to run a hat shop and one of the boys says that we should call it la chapeau. The guys in my group are the guys I was talking to outside at YL's xmas party last night. We are standing in the same arrangement that we were last night in real life. But the place we are in is like the offices in "Without a Trace" and it's New York and I look out the picture windows and see that it is SNOWING!!! It is coming down hard and fast and it is STICKING to the ground and I am beside myself with joy to see snow. People are coming out of the interview room and they are shaking thier heads and saying "she's in a bad mood - she tore me a new one" - and now it's my turn.

I decide not to let what other people are saying get to me - so i march in the room as cheery as I can be, and mention the snow. She introduces the woman next to her who is a Union leader - local something but I don't catch the number. We sit down on plush couches and talk about snow for a bit. Then she asks me about the task. She asks if there was one particular driver who stood out in my mind as being the worst of the bunch. I am trying to remember the task but for the life of me can't remember any aspect of it or even working on it. I say "well, I must say that as a rule it surprises me when people don't go out of their way to do the best job that they can do - whether the task at hand is small or large."

Just as they are about to respond, a huge family of people barge in the room - all of them have some coca-cola products of some sort - giant cups, tee shirts, sweat shirts, etc...

I have to get to JFK immediately but if I take the train I will be late. The person I am with suggests we take a helicopter - so we hop aboard - but it's got an open platform on the outside that we have to ride on. We hold on tight and watch the map of NYC below us. I can see that we are over Brooklyn and I can see the helipad at the airport, but instead they tell us that we have to drop into the water and a police boat will come and get us. We jump off the platform and hit the water and I am holding my breath underwater as the police boat pulls up with sirens flashing and the divers plunge in the water to get us.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home