Sleeping Princess Yum Yum

"Bang!" goes another kanga on the bonnet of the van/ see the light ram through the gaps in the land/ many an Aborigine's mistaken for a tree/ Til' you near him on the motorway and the tree begins/ to breathe/ Coming in with the golden light/ In the morning/ Coming in with the golden light/ Is the New Man/ Coming in with the golden light/ Is my dented van/ Woomera. "Dree-ee-ee-ee-ee- A-a-a-a-a- M-m-m-m-m- Ti-ti-ti-ti-ti- I-i-i-i-i- Me-me-me-me-me,"

Monday, December 13, 2004

Now and at the hour of our death

It's my childhood bedroom. I am in my twin bed and my brother is sleeping in the twin bed across from me. The nightlight is on, but over it is a statue of the Virgin Mary. I am small and in a nightgown and I climb out of bed and tiptoe over to the statue and ask the Virgin not to let them kill me in the morning. I say a Hail Mary, cross myself and jump back in bed. The bedroom door opens and it's my parents. I am not sure if I am happy or disappointed that they didn't catch me praying. They tell me that in the morning my father will go over to the church where they will administer a shot to him that will end his life. He says he is tired and that it is time. I start to cry and ask him to reconsider to please please reconsider. I say that there are so many things that I am sure I want to tell him about that I just don't remember at this moment. My mother shakes her head and smiles sadly and turns to him and says "oh, she's so upset"... I start to scream over and over again - a raw scream with no breath behind it and as I scream over and over I can feel myself not being a child but an adult.

3 Comments:

  • At 3:17 PM, Blogger hmrpita said…

    **pita gives yum yum a hug**

    ok, you asked for it (you may rue the day you did ;)). If I wrote out all my dreams from every night, the internet would splode. So, here's one:

    My friend, Broos, and I are sitting in uncomfortable metal folding chairs at a low white table, in an otherwise empty room. On one wall there are two windows with closed blinds, but lots of light is coming through anyway. On the opposite wall is the door. Broos is telling me all about this rock group 5 friends of his formed, called the B-43s. I ask him why they are called the B-43s and he says that it is a great name. I tell him about the B-51s and how that name is probably better and it's already taken. He gets annoyed with me and tells me I am just being provacative. Then his daughter, Shout, enters the room and starts singing a song by the alleged B-43s. She is a little girl, but her voice sounds like Ethel Merman's.
    Then the dream changes completely...into the realm of a new dream...but I think I've said enough. :)

     
  • At 3:27 PM, Blogger hmrpita said…

    B-52s! That was a typo. Doh!

     
  • At 6:08 AM, Blogger Avatrix said…

    ::hugs::
    That's such a sad, scary dream...

    I've had too many nightmares lately, so I can sympathize. The details are fuzzy now, but usually they involve someone getting mad at me, and I can't seem to make them happy again.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home