Sleeping Princess Yum Yum

"Bang!" goes another kanga on the bonnet of the van/ see the light ram through the gaps in the land/ many an Aborigine's mistaken for a tree/ Til' you near him on the motorway and the tree begins/ to breathe/ Coming in with the golden light/ In the morning/ Coming in with the golden light/ Is the New Man/ Coming in with the golden light/ Is my dented van/ Woomera. "Dree-ee-ee-ee-ee- A-a-a-a-a- M-m-m-m-m- Ti-ti-ti-ti-ti- I-i-i-i-i- Me-me-me-me-me,"

Sunday, December 12, 2004

looks like a pump, feels like a sneaker

i think it's a hotel - it's huge - the lobby has high ceilings and I am watching as people come off the elevators... they hand slips of paper to the runners, who show them their door - they gesture flamboyantly at the number on the door and then run away. I go into one of the rooms - it belongs to catherine zeta jones. It's tiny with a large picture window and her clothes are scattered all over the place. There are twin beds and the toilet is in the corner like a jail cell, and it's backed up. She says something like "raw sewage, lovely, i must call the front desk" and I laugh and shake my head. She is wearing a powder blue pants suit with matching eye makeup.

I step through her window into the gardens and run down the steps past people looking at koi in the pond. I am wearing a red plaid 1950's dress with a burgandy sweater that sometimes turns into a sweatshirt, white high heels, a tiara and a bouf. hairdo. I am surprised at how comfortable the heels are, I can run in them. Children are pointing at me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home