Sleeping Princess Yum Yum

"Bang!" goes another kanga on the bonnet of the van/ see the light ram through the gaps in the land/ many an Aborigine's mistaken for a tree/ Til' you near him on the motorway and the tree begins/ to breathe/ Coming in with the golden light/ In the morning/ Coming in with the golden light/ Is the New Man/ Coming in with the golden light/ Is my dented van/ Woomera. "Dree-ee-ee-ee-ee- A-a-a-a-a- M-m-m-m-m- Ti-ti-ti-ti-ti- I-i-i-i-i- Me-me-me-me-me,"

Friday, July 01, 2005

Laundromat

There is something going on on the street but I pass it by and go into the laundromat. It is carpeted and there are only 2 machines. I fill them up. I see xeroxed pictures of him, but they are too dark to see anything. I know it is him. I think he is going to come in here. I check the machine and it's full of water. I figure it is off balance since I put in a rug and drapes along with foam backing.

Music is playing and I am dancing. He will walk in at any second. AH is there but she is a little girl and we are dancing breathlessly and laughing. He will walk in at any second. His picture is on a machine. I pull the fabrics out of the machine and they are soaked with water and I am drenched. I put some in the dryer and the rest back in the machine and push the buttons. These are different machines and I realize that now there are 3 washers and 3 dryers and more carpets on the floor. The music changes and we spin and watch our skirts flare out and we laugh and dance. He will walk in at any second and love this. I open the dryer but there is water in the dryer too somehow. We give up and go to the festival. He will be there, I know it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home