Sleeping Princess Yum Yum

"Bang!" goes another kanga on the bonnet of the van/ see the light ram through the gaps in the land/ many an Aborigine's mistaken for a tree/ Til' you near him on the motorway and the tree begins/ to breathe/ Coming in with the golden light/ In the morning/ Coming in with the golden light/ Is the New Man/ Coming in with the golden light/ Is my dented van/ Woomera. "Dree-ee-ee-ee-ee- A-a-a-a-a- M-m-m-m-m- Ti-ti-ti-ti-ti- I-i-i-i-i- Me-me-me-me-me,"

Wednesday, November 03, 2004

Wild Puppies

it's a movie theatre and we are playing card games with giant cards that have trivia questions and pictures on them. The theatre is packed. I look back and see a heavily made up old woman smoking without regard for the rules 2 rows behind me. She waves at me and smiles. I smile back. I don't know who she is but I remember that she is awesome. I lay the cards out on the floor of the theatre and ask 3 boys the question. They get the answer wrong. The answer is a boy band that I have never heard of.

A room full of old machinery - there is a photo booth somewhere I say. But we look everywhere and find nothing. Then a machine nearby spits out a photo that would have been good if we had only stayed still. I peek inside the glass and see the lens of the camera. We try to take another picture but lose interest as it prepares for the shot.

There are wild puppies. We find 2 males under a rock. They yawn when we take them out of where they are hiding. I say that there is always a female in a litter and keep looking - and there she is behind another rock - a female that is all brown with a black spot and a wagging tail.

2 Comments:

  • At 9:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Troy McClure here... just found this, thought i would be the first here... prepare to become a much more active blog, amazing to talk to you, amazing to hear your work, amazing last goodbye message, we all enjoyed it. Thanks for the time on the phone... it freaked me out a lot, but it was a great time, hope all works out well with you.
    Troy McClure
    PS nice voiceamil message on Mad Cow's phone :P

     
  • At 10:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    A movie theatre transformed into a wonderful evening, just like magic. The real kind, no sleight of hand. I found you this, with hearts: http://www.irishjacks.com/92303_crunchy1.jpg
    love,
    m.sphinx

     

Post a Comment

<< Home