Sleeping Princess Yum Yum

"Bang!" goes another kanga on the bonnet of the van/ see the light ram through the gaps in the land/ many an Aborigine's mistaken for a tree/ Til' you near him on the motorway and the tree begins/ to breathe/ Coming in with the golden light/ In the morning/ Coming in with the golden light/ Is the New Man/ Coming in with the golden light/ Is my dented van/ Woomera. "Dree-ee-ee-ee-ee- A-a-a-a-a- M-m-m-m-m- Ti-ti-ti-ti-ti- I-i-i-i-i- Me-me-me-me-me,"

Monday, November 01, 2004

No, no, that's not how it happened...

There is a boat and we are clipping along at tremendous speed. The water is blue and green and crystal clear like the water off the east coast of mexico. The captain points out as we go under a bower of ivy that this was where my baby girl fell off the boat, and they tried to save her but she drowned. I picture her scared in the water as she drowned and think "no that's not how it happened..." The boat drops me off in a lofty cabin on a mountain. I am alone there for a long time and it's nice. Peaceful. Then I see people coming up the hill and I remember that everything is a mess and I need to clean it all up. I start dragging piles together as fast as I can.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home