Sleeping Princess Yum Yum

"Bang!" goes another kanga on the bonnet of the van/ see the light ram through the gaps in the land/ many an Aborigine's mistaken for a tree/ Til' you near him on the motorway and the tree begins/ to breathe/ Coming in with the golden light/ In the morning/ Coming in with the golden light/ Is the New Man/ Coming in with the golden light/ Is my dented van/ Woomera. "Dree-ee-ee-ee-ee- A-a-a-a-a- M-m-m-m-m- Ti-ti-ti-ti-ti- I-i-i-i-i- Me-me-me-me-me,"

Wednesday, October 27, 2004

"Feel the boy in me escape...."

Hallways with windows looking into rooms, twists and turns that torque your knees. A room where they shoot you and the shot turns into a face made of powder. The face is being played by Matthew Broderick. The man next to me tells me that Samuel L. Jackson is also going to be in it, but I never see him. The Murderer is using the 2 fuse boxes next to her apartment to store her personal items. I notice them on top of the light blue and mint green painted boxes and open the doors to see letters, tchotchkies and jewelry. I leave the door open to be spiteful and hope someone will steal her things. Serves her right. I go down the stairwell and remember that I have chocolate chip cookies in the oven. They have just started to cook and so I guesstimate that I should leave them in the oven for 5 more minutes. At the bottom of the stairwell -- a set of car/house keys in the leaves - the murderer has dropped them. I hide them under a wreath of leaves. She deserves everything bad that happens to her and if I can help it along then good. There is a redheaded woman in a grey pinstriped suit standing by the stairwell. She laughs. When I come upstairs the doors to the fuse boxes have been closed again. I tell VR about it and he grabs a crowbar and pulls the boxes down.

I am in my parent's bedroom in the apartment I grew up in. There is a free gift. A giant yellow circle with the names of songs on the side and buttons like a tape recorder. I press the one that says "Take a Walk" and it's Neil Finn and Eddie Vedder from the 7 Worlds Collide Album but the artist is listed as Operator.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home